10 best ways that an individual wishing to speak English can learn in their own county:
1. The Internet is going to be your best friend. It is packed full of resources, reading materials, sound recordings, and so much more that can help you learn the meaning of the words that you read and speak.
2. Check out your local video store and see if there are movies in English. There may be a few. Don’t worry about the entertainment value of the title. You are watching it so you can stop it and replay it in order to focus on your English speaking skills.
3. Record yourself when you speak English. After you are finished recording, play it back and see what you sound like. If you are not clear, then you can simply try again. This is a great way to see how others hear you.
4. Go to your library and pick out titles that are written in English. Try to read those titles. Just be mindful of the difficulty level and even practice writing some of the sentences.
5. Find an English CD and listen to it. Decipher the words and even try to sing along. This can be a lot of fun. If you want to, you can record yourself doing this and really have a lot of fun.
6. Try to surround yourself with as many English materials as possible. Not just books, movies, and CDs, but magazines and any products that you can find in the store that may have English written on them. Some major brands service many countries and have multiple languages written on their packaging.
7. Practice with a friend. This friend may not know English, but impress them with your skills. You may even try to teach what you have learned because you will be less likely to forget by repeating the information to another.
8. If you hear a word and you don’t know what it is, write it down and do research on what it means. In your research you’ll encounter many more English words for you to ponder over.
9. Keep a diary in English. The things you write can be as simple as what day it is and what the weather is like outside.
10. And the most important to learn English is to consider online ESL courses. These online courses help you learn at your pace and provide you with materials that will have you speaking English in no time. All of the other steps can be used outside of your courses to make you proficient in the language.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1178901